Long time — and lots to share!
Hello from Dublin, where I’m giving the provocatively-titled talk YOU MUST LEAVE at Notre Dame’s Newman Centre, 1pm ET. See the flyer picture below – despite the obvious resemblance, it’s not a photo of me 🙂
Join in online if you’d like—I thought it’s at least a good excuse to get back in touch.
A few things on the sabbatical front since I last emailed:
- Our research FINALLY came out; email me if you want a copy of the manuscript, but a very readable HBR article summarizes everything HERE.
- I created a spotify playlist of the podcasts I’ve been interviewed on. If someone you know needs information about taking a sabbatical, feel free to pass along.
- I’d love it if you could take a minute and tell me why you’re here, and what we can do to help. We’ve got a team of coaches, and are developing a standard sabbatical support group.
On the personal front:
- After over two years of licking my wounds, (and building what the editors termed my “platform,” aka you reading this now 😉 ) we’re going back to the market with my book proposal. Wish me luck, and if you have any recommendations for editors, publishers, etc., do let me know.
- I got engaged! In Japan —
I even made hershe even joined me on a mini-pilgrimage, the Kumano Kodo, harkening back to my sabbatical trip. You can’t say she doesn’t know what she’s signing up for 😉
- I’m teaching at Harvard now! Entrepreneurship, for now, with my eyes on launching a sabbatical program for alumni. A guy can dream, right?
It sounds like marketing copy, but I finally feel like we’re at the cusp of sabbaticals going mainstream.
The newsletter has tripled in size, (in spite of my lack of actual emailing!) we have over 800 people in the Facebook group helping each other along, and reporters are finally reaching out to me, instead of the other way around. 😉 We just launched a LinkedIn Group as well – wanna join as one of our first members to figure out how to best use it?
Thank you for your support, and please do tell me why you’re here and how/if I can help: Sabbatical survey
Off you go now,
(Wanna read previous emails? You can start here)