A fireside chat with DJ DiDonna & Lenny Rachitsky
An interview about the basics of sabbaticals (why, how, when) and the research and findings of the Sabbatical Project with founder DJ DiDonna and product management substack-guru Lenny Rachitsky.
Some of the questions we address include:
- How’d you find yourself spending your time and energy researching sabbaticals?
- What was your own first sabbatical like? Or your favorite of the bunch?
- Not everyone is so fortunate to have the life circumstances to take a sabbatical. What’s your advice to them?
- What do people need in place in order to take a sabbatical, especially an unpaid one, and feel comfortable doing it?
- How do you convince your manager, or founders, to create a sabbatical program? Can you share any stories?
- What are reasons to not give your employees sabbaticals?
- What are some tips for someone planning their extended time off? How do they set their time up for success?
- What are some of the most interesting things people you’ve talked to done on a sabbatical?
- You share that there are three parts to a sabbatical, can you expand on these?
- What’s at stake here? What happens if you don’t take a sabbatical and what does the world look like if everyone takes a sabbatical?
- Why should companies care about sabbaticals?