After graduating from Harvard Business School and working a bit, DJ Didonna embarked on an improbable quest: helping people take months or even years off work.
There’s nothing wrong with working nonstop for 40 years. However, paradoxically, taking a sabbatical may be the best thing for your career.
DJ wants to help you do what most Harvard Business School graduates don’t know how to do: get off the treadmill.
We chat face-to-face for 80 minutes, discussing:
- His first sabbatical was in 2017. He walked all around Japan – going from temple to temple, hardly speaking to anyone for 6 weeks. How was that like?
- What percentage of companies have sabbatical programs?
- How does a company gain from letting their employees go on sabbaticals?
- What surprised him in his research?
- How can you take a sabbatical when you don’t have a guaranteed job?
- What is the future of sabbaticals?