Meet DJ. He’s come to visit with us about the value of rest and rejuvenation. In 2019, he founded The Sabbatical Project to define, explore, and research sabbaticals following a 900-mile pilgrimage in Shi-Ko-Ku, Japan. He knows nonprofits doubt their ability to implement a sabbatical-focused work experience, but keep an open mind! He’s bringing the playbook (and data!) to show how it’s good for business. We’re working toward a world where extended leave is the norm, not the exception. Tune in and hear the science and benefits behind rest.
- Recover, Explore, Practice: The transformative potential of sabbaticals
- The business case for sabbaticals
- 3️⃣ Archetypes for sabbaticals
- Advice for professionals navigating the intersection of sabbaticals and donor, staff, beneficiary and board expectations
- Examples of companies/orgs integrating sabbaticals into their business!
“People who care about their work are the reason that we have the definition of burnout.”— DJ DiDonna, Founder, The Sabbatical Project